Wednesday 2 December 2009

oh hai!

Oh, oops, I have not updated here in a while. Erm, see previous post. Plus I had a wickedly busy while at work through Sept-Oct-Nov. It's calmed down now.

Wickedly busyness had an affect on the writing, of course (I did no writing, no blogging, no gymming, no friendling) but I'm back on board now.

First of all, I think I came up with an actual title™ for my Molly story: In Finding

'In finding' the title, I also located lots of themes of the story. So I need to do some edits. Now I know there are those who say, "no edits until you're done!", but I think in this case I will ignore them, and go back to the beginning.

What I'd like to do is rewrite quite a few chunks, making sure the themes are there from the start, that the story arc is supported by them.

Hopefully it won't take me too long and then I'll be back into brand fresh new words - plus with the added benefit of I know the themes when I'm writering them.

I've also been pondering about writing time. It's quite clear that my writing is affected by routine, and if I'm not consistent in a weekly routine then I don't get much writing done. I think I'm going to try setting aside a particular time every week which is dedicated writing time; such as every Wednesday evening. I think even just 1 timeslot like that will make a difference... The issue of course will be sticking to it.

STICKING TO IT.

Kind of the whole issue with writing, in fact.

0 comments: