Saturday 24 April 2010

Happy Saturday!

It's another beautiful weekend day in London. I'm super happy with the weather here lately. It's been so lush. Fingers crossed we finally get a decent summer. I personally think I deserve it after living here for almost 4 years without one... Today it's supposed to hit 21 degrees C. WOAH guys. The TWENTIES. That's big.

Duffster and I are off to a BBQ this afternoon at my friends' place. Typically for a bunch of Antipodeans, as soon as the sun comes out, we wheel out the BBQ. This is the second one of the season already! I have some steak pieces marinating on the bench, and we've been tasked with bringing cheese & crackers. We'll pick up some cider on the way and I hear there's Pimms on the cards too!

I am coming down with a cold though, boo! Why does that always happen on a Friday so you get sick on the weekend?! Hopefully I don't infect everyone else on this gawguss sunny afternoon...

Sunday it's Anzac Day - New Zealand & Australia's Poppy Day. Last year, we all went to the dawn service at the London memorials in Hyde Park. I'd love to go again this year, especially as it's on a weekend day again so you can get up early and observe then go back home and get back into bed! But because I'm not feeling so well I think I'll pass.


I'm glad I went last year though. It's a special and important day to respect. Maybe I'll make some Anzac biscuits on Sunday instead...

/photo from http://evanelam.photo-log.com

0 comments: