Sunday 20 June 2010

Breakfast today


A lovely Sunday morning: the big fat newspaper and a bowl of Greek yogurt, homemade granola, fresh blueberries & strawberries. Not shown: giant cup of coffee like woah.

I made my own granola / muesli yesterday (do you think there's an actual difference between those things, or is it just semantics?). This was a total experiment - I filled a bowl with stuff I found in the cupboard and then spread it on a baking tray and cooked it for a random amount of time (until I thought it was a bit too brown looking, basically). Rolled oats, All Bran, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pecans, mixed chopped nuts, desiccated coconut, a squirt of honey, and some olive oil. The pecans cooked too quickly compared to the other stuff, but it's still quite tasty and crunchy and not burnt-y tasting.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homemade muesli is yum! I have no idea about granola though ;)