Tuesday 16 March 2010

50,032 words

Woah, it's Tuesday already. I've been meaning to make a "what I did this weekend" post but it's a bit late for that now. Apart from saying: I managed to break 50,000 words on In Finding! In spite of all my procrastination. A great goal like that is easy to motivate yourself to shoot for. A big ole round chunky number of words.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever written this many solid words on a project before. I mean, I've gone past 50k on a maybe 3 other stories, but they were full of holes and "write a scene here"s and all peterey-outy. In Finding is holding it together. And I feel quite well set up for continuing to the end (this is noncommittal because I acknowledge that I might just write myself into a dead end).

I hope the motivation continues, because I really want to finish this.

Right now, I am mid-way through this awesome scene... oooh it's a good one with drama and rain and rooftops and Big Reveals. I've had it partly written since the very start and now I'm getting to fit it into the story and complete it. Leaving the last writing session at such a point makes it easy to pick up the next time I sit down with the story.

1 comments:

Curious Character said...

Bloody brilliant hen!

Keep going *does little encouraging cheerlead* :)