Sunday 17 January 2010

Good health

I've just been for a swim!

There's a pool right round the corner from our flat. Duffy has been before, and inspired by him, I bought a new swimsuit & cap on Saturday (v. cheap - from Sports Direct or whatever it's called - £8.24 total!) and went along tonight. The pool is a council one, nice and clean, and not too busy nor too tiny. I guess it's 25m or 33m long. This is a marvel, considering we live in London. Considering how few pools there are in the UK. I was browsing the profiles of all the swim instructors - 75% of them are Australian. A lot more pools in Oz!

I feel so good now. I love that whole body jellyish feeling you get after a good swim. You don't realise how hard you're working out, when you don't feel the sweat building. And the other bonus is that it's no-impact, so I can do all this cardio work without hurting my silly knees.

I am definitely going back for more.

I haven't done any good cardio work at the gym recently, due to sore feet. And I want to make sure I don't turn into pudge now I've moved in with Duffy! :P I have this idea that when a couple moves in together, the guy eats better and the girl eats worse!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love swimming. Can't wait until I get the ok to start it again.

I'm happy with pool swimming but I hope I manage to get into the sea some time this summer, weather so far hasn't been conducive and don't really want to expose Sweets to the harsh sun.. but maybe a late afternoon.