Monday 22 February 2010

Crispy soft squidgy gingery cookies!

I probably won't make many posts like this but I had to share because of YUMMY.

The grocery delivery tonight finally brought baking ingredients to my doorstep, and as I am also now set with a shiny new El Cheapo mixer from Argos (£4.18!!), I was set to go and couldn't help BAKING tonight!

I made these:


Gingernut crinkles, a favoured recipe that I have been using since I was teensy. They are delicious crispy outside and soft inside.

Yield 36.
Preheat oven to 170 C.

125 gm butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp golden syrup
2 cups flour
3 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Cream butter & sugar.
Add egg & golden syrup, and mix well.
Add dry ingredients and mix again.
Roll teaspoonfuls into balls - you do not need to flatten as they will spread a little & crack on baking.
Cook for 15 minutes.

Cool a little and then EAT SOME while still warm.

0 comments: