Sunday 21 February 2010

It's the end of the weekend already!

Yesterday was a lovely Saturday! A gorgeous day like that and I start to feel that spring is really on its way, right? Right?! (You can start laughing at me now. Yes it is still February.) After a delicious sleep in, Duffster & I got up and opened up the windows to get a breeze in through the flat, and went for a walk to get some essential vitamin D!

I stopped in at a few hairdressers to collect price lists. I've never had my hair cut regularly before -- for a long time I cut it myself, and coloured it myself using a few spritzes of (gasp!) SunIn. Apparently SunIn is Teh Nasty for your hair health but I never really noticed. Last year, I mustered some courage and cashola and I started getting my hair cut at hairdressers and, well, yeah. They were much better than myself, unsurprisingly...

I've decided that I'd like to grow out my hair, get some more length, and I think treating it kindly will make a difference and so: proper cuts and proper colouring. Hopefully at a hairdresser nearby to where I live. One of them today was in my price range, an Italian joint with a nice atmosphere and fresh flowers, so next month I'll check it out. Seeing as most of my life I've hardly spent a dime on proper cuts, I really loathe forking out a lot of moolah on it now.

You know what's strange -- I'm losing the curl in my hair! I was looking at photos from when I left NZ almost 4 years ago and my hair was a similar length to now -- and it was CURLY. Springy-uppy waves all over the place. And now? My hair falls down flat. It's honestly just straight with a slight wave. Is it getting older, or lifestyle? Maybe it's the harsh London water!

After the hairdresser tour yesterday, we got coffees & the paper from Cafe Nero and then headed up North End Road and the market there. I love the Nth End Rd market, even though I dislike the area (it's just so scungy). Shopping there makes me feel like part of a community. And it's CHEAP. We got fresh fruit & veges and some free range eggs. The fruit went into breakfast smoothies today, and the eggs into French toast for lunch (topped with lush Vermont maple syrup, mmm).

I wrote today -- reached 46,000 words on In Finding. And now I am going to spend the last of the weekend by cracking open a new book because I finally finished It by Stephen King!

0 comments: